Thursday, May 10, 2012

Inspired By #23


Welcome to another Inspired By challenge.  I have so many ideas with this inspiration picture.




I think there are a few ways to take this photo: the sketch - grid; colors; botanical print; books; birds...

I went with the colors (mostly the green, orange, white and I used gray instead of silver) and decided to do a layout this week.  I used my American Crafts Dear Lizzy Neopolitan papers and chipboard.  This beautiful photo is one of my neice and I took it off of her facebook page.  I have also used some Unity Stamps along with some Twinery Twine.  I used my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut out the pennants and rose.


By the way, I posted this up on the StopAndScrap Blog as my first post as a DT Member, would love if you stopped by :)

I used this sketch from Twisted Sketches - using some Studio Calico Mr. Huey for a bit of ink distressing.

This is also for the Bird is the Word challenge - smile and the City Crafter challenge - use a photo.
Photobucket

Now I can't wait to see what you do!  

Rules for Playing:

Create a NEW project for this challenge.
Be sure to link your blog with a direct link to the post you would like me to visit.
Please put a link on your post to this challenge.
Create a project with no more than 5 challenges including this challenge.
Feel free to use any crafting products you have!




14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors, the paint and loving the layered pennants!!!

~amy~ said...

WOW...love the layout Laurel! FAB inspiration!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous!

1CardCreator said...

Love the lay out, your scrapbooks must be awesome!

Ros said...

This is a terrific LO ... lovely photo too ... Congrats on your DT position and thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

Ros said...

This is a terrific LO ... lovely photo too ... Congrats on your DT position and thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is a beautiful layout, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Venus said...

Gorgeous layout!!

Venus said...

Gorgeous layout!!

Anna Zaprzelska said...

I love it, great work!
Thanks for playing along at BITW:)

Rose said...

beautiful layout :)

Cathy said...

Beautiful page Laurel.. love the clean lines and soft colours!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at BITW :))

Unknown said...

That sure is a great smile. Your page is beautiful.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the colors and design!