Thursday, June 19, 2014

Inspired By...#119

Welcome to this week's Inspired By Challenge.  With Canada Day coming up on July 1st I was inspired by red this week.


How will you be inspired?  vintage, checks, gingham, colors, kitchen...

I went with the vintage feel and the colors and patterns to create this fun thank you card.  Now I am all ready for anyone who hosts a Canada Day party!  I used the Americana and Basics collections by Pebbles, along with some Papertrey Ink stamps and dies.  The lace edge on the 'tablecloth' is from an old hankie.  In order to paper piece the jar and strawberries, I used my Xyron 150.  To hold the straw and clip in place I used some of my Xyron Adhesive dots and finally, for the large pieces, a strip from my Xyron Mega Runner before sewing.



I can't wait to see what you create!

Rules for Playing:

Create a NEW project for this challenge.
Be sure to link your blog with a direct link to the post you would like me to visit.
Please put a link on your post to this challenge.
Create a project with no more than 5 challenges including this challenge.


Feel free to use any crafting products you have!

Just a note.  From here on I will not be choosing winners.  I always have a difficult time deciding which project is the best one.  They are always just wonderful and everyone who plays along deserves a shout out.  Play along if you are inspired and I would love to see what you create!







5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow that card is so adorable.. perfect take on the inspiration photo.

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful gingham and strawberries Laurel! Thank you for the inspiration~

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING the gingham and the strawberries!!!!

~amy~ said...

Love the inspiration and your card is soooo sweet!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Laurel, this card leaves my chin on the floor! Love this!