Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Inspired By #2

Hi everyone, how are the holiday projects coming along?  Are you almost ready for Christmas?  Me I have most of my gifts bought, not wrapped though.  And I still need to get my cards mailed out.... I know!

Anyhow here is the second inspiration picture for this week's challenge.  Isn't this cake cute!  It is by 

FATMA ÖZMEN METİNEL who has a fabulous Flickr site.



I used this week's Clean & Simple Sketch:

For my card, I used the Echo Park Holly Jolly Collection.  It is just so bright and fun and I thought it suited these elf booties well.  The image is fromWhimsie Doodles.  I have embellished the card with some Marachino twine from The Twinery, some coarse glitter on the elf boots along with some little jingle bells.


Finally this is also for the following challenges.  Crazy 4 Challenges - Holiday movies (mine is obviously Elf)
The CAS-ual Fridays Challenge - I went with Scallops, Green and Stripes




This week there will also be a prize.  
Remember to link up by next Wednesday December 14th 11:59 PST.  For your chance at the prize.
I can't wait to see what you do!

Rules for Playing:
  1. Create a NEW project for this challenge.
  2. Be sure to link your blog with a direct link to the post you would like us to visit.
  3. Please put a link on your post to our challenge.
  4. Create a project with only 5 challenges including this challenge.
  5. Feel free to use any crafting products you have!


4 comments:

Janice said...

Love the photo and your card.... Perfect!

farmhouse-story said...

your card is just darling, laurel! i'll try to find time to play! you find the cutest pics!

Annette Allen said...

love this sketch...Thanks for the fun challenge..

your card is AWESOME..

Marlena M. said...

Adorable card, Laurel! Those whimsical feet are cute. ;)