Thursday, April 19, 2012

Inspired By #20

It is time for another Inspired By challenge.  I have to say, I am loving doing this challenge blog, it is really getting me out of my box and creating things that I may not otherwise have done.  I hope it is doing the same for you!

With Earth day soon upon us I chose this photo as inspiration.



Maps are ever so popular right now so I can see this inspiration being used for some map projects, or you can use circles, the earth, the colors... 

Once again I dug into my My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart collection.  Can you tell I LOVE this collection!  I was inspired by the colors but also thought that the title on the chipboard was perfect as well.  "Where ever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine."  My daughter has the whole world ahead of her and I hope that whatever she does, she does it by being herself.  I used my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut out the pennants and the butterfly tag.  I love this cartridge!  This is also for the My Mind's Eye Challenge - hexagons, and the Simply Create Too challenge - Earth Day


I used this sketch from Sketchabilities:

Now I can't wait to see what you create!

ETA:  My layout was in the Top 3 at 2Peas!



Rules for Playing:

Create a NEW project for this challenge.
Be sure to link your blog with a direct link to the post you would like me to visit.
Please put a link on your post to this challenge.
Create a project with no more than 5 challenges including this challenge.
Feel free to use any crafting products you have!

18 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love the inspiration and the layout!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeee the inspo you used and loveeeeeeeeeee your lo!! Just GORGEOUS!!!! WOW!!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous lay out, Love the inspiration for this week!

Annette Allen said...

awesome layout...

Marlena M. said...

Your daughter is beautiful Laurel! Gorgeous layout. ;)

Fern said...

Beautiful layout!! Great use of the sketch, and the title is perfect!! Thanks for joining us over at Sketchabilities!! Hugs!!

Rose said...

love your layout :)
tell you girls to always be themselves!!! :)

Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy said...

Love this photo! And love your layout! I hope to play--I'm definitely in Earth Day mode :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Sooooooo gorgeous, Laurel!!

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh! you're right, my card is serendipitiously perfect for this challenge, thank you SO MUCH for pointing that out to me! i *LOVE* your fabulous inspiration photo, and of course YOUR layout is positively STUNNING--but then it's a bit of a "ringer" what with having a supermodel such as that young lady available for photos!!! ♥♥♥

not surprised at all to see ya on the front page at 2p's... seems just right to me... :) :) :)

Linda Eggleton said...

Wow, I really love your take on the sketch - great papers (love MME) & ink splatters...I also love the little tags with the hanging twine. Awesome work!

Bananastamper said...

Oooh, I LOVE this one!!! Beautiful layout and congrats on your top 3! So pumped about the inspiration brimming from this one - I've already got another project on the go!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Awesome layout!!! I am in LOVE with those MME papers too. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!

Lyndal said...

GORGEOUS layout & inspiration Laurel - LOVE them. Huge congrats too :)

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Laurel: love your layout! Thank you for entering Challenge #11-Earth Day [or Arbor Day] with us at Simply Create Too.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

NinaSt said...

Great take on the sketch! I love your PP choice and the mist splatters!

Emmy said...

Beautiful layout! Thank you for playing along at Sketchabilities!
hugs 'n smiles,
Emmy